Feed the Future Bangladesh Nutrition Activity (BNA) Project
BackgroundUSAID funded Bangladesh Nutrition Activity (BNA) has been designed to empower and support market and community actors to address underlying causes of malnutrition in the Zones of Influence (ZOI). By the end of BNA, children under 5 years of age, pregnant and lactating women, and adolescents (girls and boys) in the ZOI will be able to meet their nutritional needs and to practice healthier behaviors. It is 5 year-long project funded by USAID. The project has been being implemented by DAM in Patuakhali district.
- Market management committee
- Bonik Shamiti
- Market vendors
- Educational institutions
- Different social clubs
- Religious institutes
- Pregnant and lactating mothers
- <5 years children
- Adolescent girls
Objectives of the ProjectBNA will contribute to the improvement in nutrition outcomes for children under 5 years of age, pregnant and lactating women, and adolescents (girls and boys) in the country’s Feed the Future (FTF) ZOI, which comprises 21 districts in Barisal, Dhaka, and Khulna Divisions.
Implementing PartnersThe BNA is managed by a consortium of partners –
- Abt Associates delivers overall technical, financial, and administrative leadership. Abt also provides expertise on market development approaches, social and behavior change, monitoring, evaluation and learning, rapid cycle evaluations and adaptive management.
- Dhaka Ahsania Mission (DAM), Friends in Village Development Bangladesh (FIVDB), and Jagorani Chakra Foundation (JCF) are to implement field interventions through technical staff in the divisions and upazilas. DAM also manages field-level interventions in Barisal Division, FIVDB in Dhaka Division, and JCF in Khulna Division.
- International Potato Center (CIP) provides technical expertise on agriculture market systems in the ZOI through the Agriculture Market Systems Technical Leader.
- iDE’s Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Technical Leader guides BNA’s market driven WASH interventions.
- Baseline survey
- Enabling Environment of Market Catchment Area (EEMCA)
- Rapid market analysis
- Project staff orientation
Bangladesh Nutrition Activity (BNA)
|3||SADAR UPAZILA, PATUAKHALI||View|
|4||Schedule of Training with Imam at Patuakhali District||View|
Bangladesh Nutrition Activity (BNA) Report
|1||AMIC BARTA (Oct – Dec 2019) Report||View|